The Education Office of the European Space Agency encourages students to present their research at the international symposia and offers financial support to students. ESA Education will sponsor the attendance of a select few university students to the European CubeSat Symposium. The selection will be made by the local organizing team and the ESA Education office based on the novelty of the presented research and the reasons given in the motivation letter.
How to apply?
To apply send an email to christelle.debeer [at] vki.ac.be:
- Your submitted abstract.
- A brief motivation letter, explaining also why your presence at the symposium is needed (max. ½ page A4),
- Your nationality and the university to which you are enrolled.
Sponsorship application deadline: 14 August 23:59 CEST
To be eligible for an ESA Education sponsorship, students must fulfil the following criteria at the time of application:
- be author or co-author of an accepted abstract for oral presentation at the Symposium;
- be aged minimum 18 years old;
- be a citizen of an ESA Member State, Canada, Latvia, Lithuania, Slovakia or Slovenia;
- be enrolled as student in a university in an ESA Member State, Canada, Latvia, Lithuania, Slovakia or Slovenia (not graduating before the conference).
Priority will be given to students who have never taken part in an activity sponsored by the ESA Education Office.
The ESA Education Office sponsorship includes
- the student early bird participation fee,
- travel and accommodation costs up to a total ceiling of 600EUR.
Please see the Symposium Accommodation which includes details about a hostel in Leuven.
Applicants will be informed on the outcome by 8 September.